What better way to celebrate the weekend than baking up and devouring a delectable tart? Not a lot in my world.
For a long time I was hesitant to attempt making a tart. They’re so beautiful, and delicious and, as it turns out, very simple to make. Don’t be intimidated by the long list of directions. The following recipe is as easy as…well, tarts!
Ingredients needed: pears, cranberries, flour, sugar, salt, butter, eggs, almonds, cornstarch, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom
- I don’t usually have canned fruit. I used fresh pear in this recipe and made sure to slice the pears very thinly. If you can’t cut them thin, try using a mandoline. Soak the slices in lemon water and pat dry before using.
- I didn’t have cardamom…so I subbed nutmeg. Delicious.
- Re: step 5, I bought regular almonds (unsalted) and ground them in the food processor. Then I added the other ingredients.
- I used all-purpose gluten-free flour and the tart was amazing. Something to consider if you’re looking to serve people with additional dietary needs!
- Make sure you push the fruit in to the top. You don’t need to go crazy but push enough that the fruit doesn’t move around. It’ll bake and jive better with the others if there’s less wiggle room.
That’s it! Enjoy with your friends and family, and let me know what you think!